The Blighted Crown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted))

3 posters

Go down

Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted)) Empty Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted))

Post  Occultus Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:28 pm

BACKGROUND FOR ZIGURTHAS "OCCULTUS" VON GRAVEN

The yellow envelope reads:

"TO THE BLIGHTED CROWN,

A letter of application."

Darkness, and the mocking, cruel laughter of my captors.
That is all I remember.
Then, after what must have been an eternity of torture and fear, after an eternity of being buried by time and dust, a whisper, echoing throughout the gloomy ethereal chamber wherein the remnants of my consciousness hid itself, in costant fear
the wretched beasts that dwelt upon the frayed ends of my long lost sanity.

"Awaken... you serve me now..."

As the whisper reverberated throughout my prison, the darkness that had been host to my miserable existence for so long lifted at last, and as I felt my being soar towards the source of the whisper - eagerly making its escape - I could hear the foul beasts' terrified screams as the voice's light destroyed them, liberating me at long last from their shackles of tyranny.

"Awaken... your Queen commands you."

I opened my eyes, and was greeted by a rotten, sunken face and two glowing eyes staring directly into my own. I tried to scream, to defend myself against this frightening creature that surely intended to feast on my precious flesh, but the only sound that escaped my mouth - or, I gathered, the area where my mouth had once been located - was a desperate gurgle, and my once faithful limbs had withered and grown feeble, refusing to obey my will. It seemed I had escaped the frying pan only to fall into the fiery depths of Blackrock Mountain.

Then, as I said my final prayers to the Light, the walking carcass spoke, instantly catching my attention - and confusing me
further.
"Another of the walking dead, hm? Must have been quite a shock, waking up in the crypt with only the cold and Mordo to greet you..." he spoke in a deep, guttural voice. "I see the confusion on your face." he spoke again, having noticed the - to put it mildly - bewildered expression on my face with, visibly amused.
"Let me try to explain our... situation... to you."
And with that, he threw a bundle of crudely assorted rags on top of me, and proceeded to gaze distantly into the decrepit stone roof that protected the ancient crypt from the elements. "We have been freed from the control of the Lich King by our new leader, Lady Sylvanas." he began. I sharpened my ears, and thought to myself "Sylvanas? The Ranger-General of Quel'Thalas...?"

I tried to put my thoughts into words, but once again managed but a crude murloc impersonation. The caretaker ignored my feeble attempts at conversation, and continued his tale. "The Dark Lady guides us in our war against the hated Scourge and the holdouts of humanity who dog our every step."
He averted his gaze from the roof, and pierced my being with his freezing gaze. "You serve her now: it is your duty."
And as the final word left his mouth, I felt strength return to my rotten limbs, I felt a blackened flame rekindle in my shriveled heart. "When you are ready to begin your unlife as one of the Forsaken, report to Shadow Priest Sarvis at the chapel in Deathknell, down the road from here. May the Dark Lady watch over you..."
And with that the caretaker wandered up the steps and out of the crypt, leaving me to get dressed in peace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A week or two has passed since then - forgive my uncertainty, as my short term memory is not as good as it once was. Since I joined the ranks of the Forsaken, I have served them with all the strength I could conjure in both Deathknell and Brill, and I have been commended by my superiors for my efforts. While fighting for the good cause in Deathknell I met he who had been my brother - in life - as it turns out, he had risen as well, and gone into Sylvanas' service. We quickly joined forces. While we are more than pleased to serve the Forsaken in whatever way we can, we both wish to join an organization of like-minded brothers and sisters under adept leadership with clear goals and directives within our conflict zones. However, there are few such organizations around at this moment, and of them all, "The Blighted Crown" (as I hear you are named) is the only one fitting for myself and my brother.

Therefore, we seek permission to join the ranks of your organization. I would have him send you a letter himself, but he is not very literate, and I do most of the talking
for us both. I will give my dedication and - should need be - life for the cause of the Forsaken, and I am more than willing to earn my trust and become a valued part of your organization.

Perhaps you wonder why I do not write of my life before the Forsaken. To put it simply: I do not see the need to. I cast away the remnants of my old life when I left that crypt, and not until the Lich King lies dead and humiliated in the canals of bubbling filth within the Undercity will I rest, or attempt to remember what I once was. Secondly, my memory has not come back fully yet, and neither me nor my brother remember much of the years leading up to the Third War.
My brother and I offer you or strength and fortitude in service to Sylvanas: for it is all we have, and all we desire.

Kindest regards,
Occultus Von Graven, Grablabedu Von Graven.

May the Dark Lady watch over you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ahoyhoy, some of you might know me as Kaelion, some of you as Corilla, and some of you as the Pocketman.
Me in a few sentences: I'm 16 years of age (17 the 1th of November), I play the guitar (though sloppy as hell), I listen to lots of music, but mainly metal and punk (bands such as Mayhem, Burzum, Satyricon, Exodus, Slayer etc. etc. within metal, the Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, Sex Pistols etc. etc. in punk), I love dark litterature and imagery and I'm a big fan of undead RP - which is of course the reason I opted to apply. Other than that I live in the mountains of Norway, like long walks in frozen forests under the freezing moon while wearing corpsepaint and spikes, and enjoy defying authority and being "that guy". I might not be online EXTREMELY often, as I'm levelling this guy with a friend of mine (the "brother" I wrote about) and I don't want to get too far ahead of him. That doesn't mean I won't be there for meetings and whatnot, it simply means that it's uncertain whether I will be online that much outside of roleplaying, which I hope is okay with you guys.

I was in Death's Embrace (hell, even "led" it for a while, but whether I did a good job is debatable), The Old Lordaeron (though, sadly, that was in a period where I was sick, tired and disillusioned with the game, so I was sadly inactive, which sucks) and in Orcs of the Red Blade, though that was quite a while ago. Outside of pure RP guilds I spent about a year in Burning Dawn, which I hope has a somewhat good reputation with you guys.

As for my friend, I can have him type something up if you'd like, but it'll mostly be the same as my story. I'm getting him into WoW at the moment, so I don't want to make him write a lengthy application as the first thing to do.

Not terribly pleased with this application, but then again I'm hardly ever pleased with anything I do. If there's anything you would like to see changed, let me know!

Toodles,

Occultus

Back to top Go down

Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted)) Empty Re: Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted))

Post  Gorthol Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:56 am

A+ Application, Lords/officers, look this up already! study
Gorthol
Gorthol

Back to top Go down

Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted)) Empty Re: Occultus and Grablabedu Von Graven ((Accepted))

Post  Valtor Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:38 am

Hi Occultus.

Firstly thank you for the application it was good reading.
We will contact you in game and organize an interview.

Secondly, the guild is eager to grow in size but at the same time.. everyone who wants to join must either go through the application process or in rarer cases have proven themselves to us as a good role player in game.
We could not accept anyone into the guild on the basis of someone else's application how ever good that application might be.
It would not be fair on the other members who have gone through the process and also probably not fair on that particular individual. Its all about us getting to know the applicant and the applicant getting to know us.
Valtor
Valtor
Admin

https://theblightedcrown.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultus Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Valtor wrote:Hi Occultus.

Firstly thank you for the application it was good reading.
We will contact you in game and organize an interview.

Secondly, the guild is eager to grow in size but at the same time.. everyone who wants to join must either go through the application process or in rarer cases have proven themselves to us as a good role player in game.
We could not accept anyone into the guild on the basis of someone else's application how ever good that application might be.
It would not be fair on the other members who have gone through the process and also probably not fair on that particular individual. Its all about us getting to know the applicant and the applicant getting to know us.

I understand completely. His trial time has run out anyway, and he won't be able to purchase the full version for a week or something like that. I can help him make an application and whatnot in the mean time, and hopefully it'll be up to your standards (which I don't doubt: he's a much better writer than myself). Looking forward to the interview and eventually joining you guys, you seem like a swell bunch of folks.

Occultus

Back to top Go down

Post  Valtor Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am

Occultus accepted.
Valtor
Valtor
Admin

https://theblightedcrown.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down