The Blighted Crown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted))

4 posters

Go down

Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted)) Empty Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan)

Post  Azurath Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:12 pm

You enter the tavern of Brill. The light is damp and there is familiar smell of fishoil in the air.
As you walk into the tavern you hear someone talking to you.
"Greetingss..."
An old ragged, pale skinned man approaches you. He is covered in a dark, thick, heavy scratched armor, revealing bone parts at his elbows and kneecaps.
"My name is Azurath" the pale skin replies, "And i sseek to once again leave the wildsss, in order to join my fellow brethren in battlAE!¤"
You notice his jaw falling out of joint as he tries to finish the sentence, leaving an annoyed look upon the pale skinned mans face, as he struggles to set his jaw into joint again.
"But i guesss an introduction wont be sufficient to prove my worth to you" the pale skinned man mutters, leaving a cruel, dry, chuckle from his throat.
"My story is a ssad one... Like so many other forsaken it took time for me to realize that my unfortunate fate held a great benefit, but still, the sacrificess of my past still wages heavily on my memory... But sit down, and make yourself comfortable... this is going to take a while.."
The old man sits down and unpacks a small beer keg and a beermug from his backpack.
"I won this beer keg at a recent fair" the old man says, leaving a wicked smile on his face, only pierced my two maggot holes in his left bottom jaw.
"But enough of that, let me tell you this tale of mine..."
"I was born with the name of Johan Valgan. I was the ssecond sson of the Valgan family in the area now known as the SSilverPine Foresst. Back then, it was a farming community, and times were tough, so my elder brother and I worked at the farm with my parents. But even though we had to sstruggle to get by, we were happy. We didn’t own much, but we had enough…”
The old man sighs as his eyes become distant, even though the white iris and an orange glow given by the plague makes it harder to see from a distance.
“Then the plague came… Like a dark could of terror it sswept over the foresst, corrupting and turning everything in its path. My parentss were old at this time, and like all other diseases it is the children and the old that falls first… I was bitten by my mother… Ironic, that it should be the ones that gave me life that made me loose it in the end… After I was bitten I ran out of the house to the barn, and picked up the great harvest sscythe… I slayed my parentss that day, and buried them near the bridge where they first met so many years before…”
The old man takes a good zip of his beer mug “I won this beer mug off a luna festival some time past” he says, and chuckles once again.
“Now where were we? Oh yes! A few days after I slew my parentss I felt the first phases of the plague sstepping into effect… I started limping on my left leg, and my muscles were getting numb for no reason. I started having memory lapses, forgetting how I got from one place to another, and waking up different places than where I fell asleep. I found our family sscythe in the neighbours house the next day. It was blooded, and the Malden’s were lying around the house… slaughtered… by my families scythe… I ran out, I was trying to cry but my tear canals had dried out, and I came to think that I couldn’t recall drinking anything the last three dayss. The plague was draining my body for fluids completely… I tried drinking water but as soon as I it touched the bottom of my stomach I threw up. I was at that moment I realized that there was no going back, no chance of outlasing it, like other diseases of our time…”
The old man stops again, taking another good zip of his beer mug and emptying it. “Oh will you look at that… Its empty!” the warrior mutters reaching down to refill his beer mug.
“After that one day took the other… and soon I began hearing a sstrange voice in my head, like a calling coming from far away:
- Pick up your weaponsss and march for the City of Lordaeron!
the voice whispered out to me, at first I ignored the voice, but slowly it started becoming harder to resist. SSuddenly I found myself gathered amongst others who ad picked up pitchforks and pikes and were, like me, waiting for further orders outside the City of Lordaeron. I found my brother that day, I don’t think he saw me, and I weren’t able to move without being asked no more, we side by side we fought what we had been raised to protect. He had a our family blade in his hand, a blade that belonged to my grandfather, along with the family field for his loyal sservice to King Terenas Menethil II, in the Ssecond War. Even I had served in the kings militia, for 5 years before I came back to the farm as 23 years old, full grown man. Or at least I thought of myself as full grown” he smiles faintly.
“But all of a sudden I heard the voice in my head again, I think we all did…
- March into the city! Kill every man, woman and child#¤!”
His jaw seems to once more fall out of joint, and once again, he gets an annoyed look on his face, while struggling to get it into place.
“And so we did…” He continues, “no one was spared, with one swift stroke the city was wiped clean…”
He spits a maggot out on the floor, “got ya’ you little devil!” he bursts out proudly, “that’s one less of you buggerss to worry about! Now where was I? Oh yes! The next couple of years sseems more like movie than a tale of my life really… I could see my actions, but not control them.. the memory lapses became greater, I found myself I fighting for what seems an eternity in the Northlands… until one day when all of a sudden my free will was restored to me, even though it was only in short periods of the day… I was once again a time of chaoss…”
The old man leans a bit back on his chair while taking another zip of his beer mug.
“During the next period some people regained their consciousness while other, became crazed… I regained my consciousnesss, my brother did not… And therefore, for the sake of the family honer, I took the family scythe, that I had been carrying these last many months, and sneaked up on him one winter eve… he was sitting on a stone, with the family sword lying on the ground next to him, gnawing his own foot off… with one swift stroke I sseparated his body, from one sside of the neck, and down to the other sside of the waist… but on that day, something strange happened… as you know without a doubt not all men die quietly… and in hiss last agonizing moments, bleeding to death on a stone the eastern plaguelands, he was asking his forgiveness for slaying the Malden family!” the old man sighs, and takes a deep breath.
“ I droped my sscythe on the ground and ran to hold his had so he should leave this world alone… and as he laid there, holding my hand pressed to the top of his chest while his blood were spilling out on my pants from the bottom of it, he smiles at me, and stuttered up a
- Farewell my brother -
as he smiled to me, even though he was coughing up blood half the time…”
The old mans eyes sseems distant once again, and a frail smile appears upon his lips. “I hope my story haven’t sstartled you and made you loose you appetite?” he enquires “I was hoping you and I could go grab a bite in Undercity later on” he says while smiling.
“But first, I must finish what I have started… Once my brother had parsed on, I put him in a bag, and took home to SSilverpine Forest and buried him next to my parents. That was the least I could do to honor him…” he takes another zip of his beer mug.
“I joined up with a few others from the old militia the day after I buried my brother, one of them had served under ‘A lady of Light’ as he called her. Her name was Sylvanas Windrunner and he said he had been sent to scout the land for other survivors of our people. We met up with the ‘Freedom Force’ as my old friend from the militia preferred to call it. And that was when I first saw her, I found out quickly that the hole ‘Lady of Light’ thing were a bit misplaced for her… Sshe was more like and angel of death if you ask me... and she was an elf!” once again he takes a deep breath and another zip of his beer mug.
“So needless to say, it took some time before I really trusted her… but fighting with her was an inspiration, and she had a will stronger than any other paleskin I had ever sseen. She was fearlesss! And with leadership like that one can only be inspired. I fought in her army for four years, during which she gave us the name ‘The Forsakens’… I have been taking breaks now and then since that time, wandering the wildlands trying to find myself, and pick up the pieces of my past life… and I have recently returned from such a trip, only to find myself alone in this cold and ragged, scared world of ours… I am not the best of asking for things… but here take thiss. It one of the poems I came up with in my solitude” the old man says, as he hands you a tattered piece of parchment.
“I came up with a way to ask without actually having to say please…” the old man says, leaving once more a smile on his face.
----------------------------------
I have travelled, I have seen
To many places I have been
Seen kings fall and tyrants rise
While carrying the burden of demise

My family forsaken, my brother slain
I is just that I suffer in agony and pain
But in the midst of my misery
Our noble queen aided me

She promised that my suffering was not in vain
And that I once more should rise again
So from the ashes I rose
And a name I chose

My name is Azurath, defender of the forsaken
Not even death can scare me no more
So with maggoty jaws and broken bones
I once again seek, a place to call home.
-----------------------------------------
“Now what say you? Sshall we go drink a toast to celebrate our new friendship? Or will you have me wandering alone sstill?

Azurath

Back to top Go down

Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted)) Empty Re: Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted))

Post  Gorthol Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:08 am

queen Romeo, oh Romeo! *random quote insertet*

Some officer, check this up already!

Last edited by Gorthol on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gorthol
Gorthol

Back to top Go down

Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted)) Empty well..

Post  Azurath Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 am

so did you like it? it took me bloody 3 hours to write Razz

Azurath

Back to top Go down

Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted)) Empty Re: Azurath (Formerly known as Johan Valgan) ((Accepted))

Post  Valtor Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:19 am

Hello again Azurath!

Thank you for the application. We will contact you for an interview in game.
Valtor
Valtor
Admin

https://theblightedcrown.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krakus Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Azurath! You rascal, Long time no see!

Krakus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down