The Blighted Crown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus

3 posters

Go down

The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus Empty The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus

Post  Nilar Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Nilar placed the last pile of books into the enchanted chest, which was laying on the floor of his study. He stared at the cover of “Three-hundred and one uses of telekinesis” by Edwin Waldergrave for a while, submerged in his thoughts, before sealing the chest with a flick of a finger and a magical word. Then he called for his servant, and started pacing back and forth in the room, his eyes fixed on the floor.

The hunchback entered the room, gurgling incoherently. Nilar sighed and pointed at the trunk, which the servant (one of Keever’s more successful experiments) picked up. Without another word, Nilar turned around and marched out of his study. The hunchback let out a groan and then proceeded to follow his master, struggling to carry the chest full of books and other tools of the apothecary’s trade. It was a lot heavier than it looked.

Nilar suddenly stopped in the main lobby of the apothecarium, and was almost knocked over by the clumsy hunchback who was following his steps religiously. The apothecary turned around, and almost turned the imbecile into a frog. He didn’t want to harm his precious books however, so he only made the hunchback’s nose switch places with it’s left ear. He told the servant to stay put, and started walking back to the living quarters. He had forgotten all about his apprentice.

The apothecary reached the door to Jezebell Scarrow’s quarters, and quite casually produced a peculiar-looking key out of thin air. He put the key in the lock, and opened the door without much effort. Once inside, Nilar located Scarrow’s desk and took one of the sheets of parchment which were laying on the workspace. He wiped it clean without paying much attention to the original content of the document, and conjured up an elaborate quill. The apothecary then wrote a short message, put the paper on the top of the pile, and marched out again. (When Jezebell discovered the message later on, this is what she saw):

Scarrow,

I have left for Northrend. The reasons for this are highly classified and do not concern you. Do not expect me back anytime soon. I took the liberty of borrowing some of your books.

-Senior Apothecary Nilar Arctus

ps: My laundry is in the closet.

Nilar walked back to the lobby, where the servant was still waiting where he had left it. The others had also arrived.
“Gentlemen”, said Nilar with an acknowledging tone, and nodded his head in recognition.
“Arctus”, replied one of the other apothecaries, also nodding his head formally.
“Shall we?” said Nilar, and threw a disapproving glance at the hunchback, which had it's finger performing a daring excavation mission in it's nose (this seemed to be a lot harder when it was inconveniently located where it's ear should’ve been).
“Yes”, answered the leader of the expedition. “Our zeppelin is ready and waiting. And remember, try not to attract unwanted attention”.

There was no need for further words, and the black-clad group of forsaken started making their way out of the city to the zeppelin towers.
It had begun.

---
OOC:

So, as you may or may not have noticed, I have left the guild. This is because my WoW subscription has run out, and I'm not planning to renew it anytime soon (I will though, eventually). I'm playing WAR, and at the moment I'm enjoying it a lot. I can't afford playing both games simultaneously, so I'll come back when I'd rather pay for WoW. Until then, have fun with the guild and with WoTLK! I enjoyed my time in the Crown (and the guilds preceding it), although admittedly I wasn't very active due to my duties as the guild master of Sixty Thieves on another character. I will certainly join the guild again if it's still around when I come back.

Goodbye and farewell everyone!
Nilar
Nilar

Back to top Go down

The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus Empty Re: The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus

Post  Krakus Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:09 am

Ahh darn, have fun in WAR while it lasts, hopefully we'll see you around still. Smile

Krakus

Back to top Go down

The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus Empty Re: The Peculiar Departure of Apothecary Nilar Arctus

Post  Favius Daark Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:15 am

Have fun Nilar... o/
Favius Daark
Favius Daark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down