The Blighted Crown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex)

2 posters

Go down

New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex) Empty New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex)

Post  Favius Daark Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:13 am

The single candle burning in its holder was barely enough light to pierce the darkness that enveloped Favius' new quarters, a single chair that had one leg slightly shorter than the others and a dust covered desk graced the the center of the room, a fireplace in the west wall had spewed its long dead ashes out across the hearth and over the dull, worn, wooden floor.

Favius closed the creaky wooden door behind him and took a moment to absorb his new surroundings, a large bookshelf, full of cobwebs and old books, loomed menacingly on the opposite side of the room, Favius sighs, "Surely, I'm not expected to read -all- of that!".

The walls of the room are undecorated and cold, he could hear the moaning of the wind as it blew steadily outside and the beating of the rain as it pattered against a small window, the only window in the room, dirty and cracked.

Favius sat on his uneven chair and amused himself for several moments by rocking from side to side before he turned to the bookshelf, the only thing that was spoiling the feng shui of his new quarters and nodded to himself.

Three hours passed before there was a knock on the door, the rain was still beating against the window and the wind still howled, it was a treacherous night. Favius had found, amongst the old books in the bookshelf, a large, thick, leatherbound book, no title on it and no scripture inside, he had been busying himself filling the now newly entitled book, -The Lightslayers Codex & The Three Virtues-.

Favius places the quill he is writing with into an ink pot and looks up from his work, he clears his dry throat, "Enter.."

The wooden door creaks as it slowly opens, a foresaken female pops her head around the door and immediatly shields her face and eyes from the intense orange glow eminating from the west wall of the room, "My.. My Lord..." Her voice resembles that of a violin that has only two strings and is being played with a very frayed bow, " I am Charice, your.. Maid.. If you will.."

"Ahh excellent" Favius smiles "Do come in my dear, I have a list of things that need doing.. " Favius opens a drawer in his desk and produces a rolled up parchment.

Charice enters the room closing the creaking door behind her. Favius notices that she is very well dressed for a Maid - Servant type as he offers her the parchment.
Still shielding her face from the bright orange glow and now, upon entering the room, the heat, coming from the west wall "My Lord", Favius whinces a little at the sound of her voice, "I have brought you a gift, like a welcome to your new position.. Gift.. Thing.. Anyway.. Its a book, full of information about many many.. Things.." She smiles showing her perfectly straight and blackened teeth.

Favius nods, "Well, that is very kind of you Charice, I am sure we are going to get along just fine, please, would you put the book with the rest of my books.. in the bookshelf..."

Charice looks around the room, a confused expression on her face as she turns her gaze towards Favius who is pointing at a roaring fire, burning fiercly in the fireplace located on the west wall. "Oh, I see.. My Lord" She chuckles as she throws the book on the fire, "I'm not much for reading myself..."

Favius smiles as Charice takes the parchment, "I shall start on the list right away my Lord" she says as she politely curtsies and leaves the room.

Favius takes the quill from the inkpot again and resumes his writings, happy with his new position, his new office and even a Maid, "The Blighted Crown have rewarded me well, promotion and rather plush quarters" he thought as he scribbled away, "I will double my efforts and get the Lightslayers into shape, my rewards will not go unappreciated...". He loosens his collar against the heat of the fire as he continues to write the Codex.

Last edited by Favius Daark on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Favius Daark
Favius Daark

Back to top Go down

New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex) Empty Re: New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex)

Post  Gorthol Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:10 am

Ye'll make a great lord. Wink Oh,'n'yeh, good story, once again.
Gorthol
Gorthol

Back to top Go down

New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex) Empty The Lightslayers Codex (Ready for presentation)

Post  Favius Daark Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:14 am

Favius swiftly reached out and grabbed a cockroach as it skittered across his desk, he looks at it for a brief moment before popping it into his mouth and biting down making a crunching sound as the shell shattered under the pressure of his teeth. He leans back in his chair and cracks his knuckles "Daylight.. " He mutters to himself.

The Lightslayers Codex had taken him all night to complete, his eagerness to complete it and to get agreement from the Lords had spured him on. He surveys his room as the morning sunlight creeps through the broken window, the fire had long since burnt out, only glowing embers remained and the candle which had greeted Favius to his new quarters was now nothing more then a puddle of dry wax in its holder.

Favius stood up from his chair and looked out of the window, although there were still some dark clouds in the sky, the rain had stopped. The sun's warmth created a mist that clung close to the ground as the nights rain evaporated, he wrinkled his nose at the sight, "Sunshine.." he thought, "I would rather rain".

There is a gentle knock on the door, as it creaks slowly open Favius whinces at the familiar voice. "My Lord?.."
"Good Morning Charice.. Please come in.. I trust you have got the items on my list?"
Charice enters the room smiling "Yes my Lord" She says, her voice like fingernails being drawn across a blackboard, she ambles across the room and places a small wooden basket on Favius' desk before producing the parchment that he had given her. "You will find it all in the basket .. My Lord.."

"My thanks Charice.. You may go" Favius waves a dismissive hand as Charice politely curtsies. "Shame about the weather my Lord", she says as she opens the creaky door to leave "Such a beautiful night and now...The weather has turned foul.. foul indeed.." She closes the door gently behind her and begins to sing as she walks down the flight of stairs that lead to Favius' quarters, the sound of her singing voice reminded Favius of when he witnessed a Human being stretched on a rack.

Favius gathers up the codex and puts it in his backpack "Now I must meet with the Lords and get their approval.."
Favius Daark
Favius Daark

Back to top Go down

New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex) Empty Re: New Quarters for a new Lord. (Beginning The Lightslayers Codex)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down