The Blighted Crown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying - Tips and tricks.

4 posters

Go down

Roleplaying - Tips and tricks. Empty Roleplaying - Tips and tricks.

Post  Ajun Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Alright, alright, here goes.

I'm new to roleplaying and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to keep a roleplaying conversation going and how to roleplay in general. How to spice up your roleplaying and that sort. I've gotten a lot of help from my sister, who is a seasoned roleplayer on alliance side of Defias Brotherhood but I thought I ask you for some advice.

Ajuuuuuuuuuun!

Ajun

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying - Tips and tricks. Empty Re: Roleplaying - Tips and tricks.

Post  Krakus Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:35 pm

I think you might find this thread interesting enough:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=305701657&sid=1

My personal advice is: Your character doesn't have to be some "really cool" fallen ex-titan or the left hand of Arthas. A simple character can be just as interesting. I'm talking about a simple fisherman or a blacksmith for examble. Even if you are level 70 and have all the epic you can get, doesn't make you better than anyone else Rp-wise. Smile

Krakus

Back to top Go down

Post  Favius Daark Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 am

Also some reference material can always help with character backgrounds and stuff..

http://www.wowwiki.com/Forsaken
Favius Daark
Favius Daark

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Ajun wrote:I've gotten a lot of help from my sister, who is a seasoned roleplayer on alliance side of Defias Brotherhood
Who is iiiiiit? o.o
*is Alliance*

Ehm... why did I come to post here? Ah yes. To compliment your realm forum application. ;D Good stuff! If you're a beginner too... -even- better! Keep it up \o/

Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ajun Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Who is iiiiiit? o.o
*is Alliance*

Ehm... why did I come to post here? Ah yes. To compliment your realm forum application. ;D Good stuff! If you're a beginner too... -even- better! Keep it up \o/

My sister's character main character is named Winterbloom. She's not as active as she used to be with a lot of work and RL things. (RL things, bwah. I rerolled from RL a long time ago. Shit server)

If you liked my realm forum application, then please, read the full application in the application forums. Personally I like the longer version more.

Oh, and whoever you might be - Thanks. : - )

Ajun

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 am

Winterbloom! Female human, yes? I remember her posts in realm forums, I think she recently posted again and I mentioned I remember her from a year back or so ^^

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet, though I've been active on Alliance side since last October. :/

Say hi from Kazabubu/Valgor/Veylar/insertanothertwentyalts Wink

Anyway, I did read your app here too Wink I still liked the realm forum app better ^^ Personal preferences I guess.

As for the topic... I can share a link to an article I had written in a previous attempt we had into making an undead only guild, after The Old Lordaeron disbanded (teeheee I see a Kraknub posting there too <3). That attempt didn't work out, but seeing the amount (and quality <3) of people you got here, I think this go will work out. Much love to everyone.

Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Krakus Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:38 am

Also there are good addons for rp that many of us use. FlagRSP2/ImmersionRP and such. But be very careful how you write your descriptions. They are always your outward appearance only. Not how you feel, what you think or what your past is. Of course titles and last names and such can be added, but dont selfcrown yourself too happily to a king or a dark knight. Read the instructions carefully. Smile

Link:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=84849005&sid=1

Krakus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum