The Blighted Crown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum inactivity

5 posters

Go down

Forum inactivity Empty Forum inactivity

Post  Nassulra Othlar Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:27 am

I've noticed many people aren't using the forums as much as they should.
Infact there's been little activity on the forums the last few days.. Which really disturbs me.

So people who's inactive and not using the forums, please do.
Nassulra Othlar
Nassulra Othlar

Back to top Go down

Forum inactivity Empty Re: Forum inactivity

Post  Kvelian Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:24 am

I wouldn't worry too much. There always are people who dislike a forum though they may or not try use it for a while, people who forget, people who read usually but write close to never. Nothing like this should a problem, nor unexpected. And people who like forums, and enjoy the number of posts under their name Wink
After all, the purposes of a forum would be: first, to allow an extra-mean to keep in touch, and like any other means, there will be some that do not use it/like it/forget to turn it on. And second, to keep everybody up to date, which can and will always be done by some reading and telling those who didn't.
I understand your concern and it would be great to have more using it actively. But my personal opinion is that we should also improve readability and navigability of the forums a bit (more about that later), and that actually it will never ever be used all the time except for a minority, the rest only sometimes... Methinks it's just the way things go. We can still take advantage of it.

Kvelian

Back to top Go down

Post  Valtor Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:03 am

Although things might seem slow this week, on average we are using the forums more this month than our previous two.

Number of new topics for the last 12 months
Month Posts Percent
Nov 2007 0 0%
Dec 2007 0 0%
Jan 2008 0 0%
Feb 2008 0 0%
Mar 2008 0 0%
Apr 2008 0 0%
May 2008 0 0%
Jun 2008 0 0%
Jul 2008 0 0%
Aug 2008 16 10%
Sep 2008 68 41%
Oct 2008 80 49%

Number of new posts for the last 12 months
Month Posts Percent
Nov 2007 0 0%
Dec 2007 0 0%
Jan 2008 0 0%
Feb 2008 0 0%
Mar 2008 0 0%
Apr 2008 0 0%
May 2008 0 0%
Jun 2008 0 0%
Jul 2008 0 0%
Aug 2008 36 6%
Sep 2008 240 39%
Oct 2008 334 55%
Valtor
Valtor
Admin

https://theblightedcrown.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nassulra Othlar Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:41 am

Well thats because the guild has grown Valtor.
Nassulra Othlar
Nassulra Othlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Valtor Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 am

So the guild has grown and we are using the forums more than before.
Are we discussing then just a "perceived" period of forum inactivity?

Ive been a member of another guild/clan/squad (whatever you want to call it) in a game called WWII online since 2001.
Its got hundreds of members but I would say nearly 75% of the forum members don't post at all. I know for a fact that about 90% of its members do regularly view the forums but its a small percentage of the actual in game "Squad" that posts. The forums there are busy compared to here but even it has periods of nothing happening. This I think is pretty typical unfortunately. I would love everyone to be as active on these forums as you for example Nass...but realistically thats just not going to happen for a number of varied reasons.
The most we can hope for is that members at the very least continue to view the forums and contribute to important discussions.
Valtor
Valtor
Admin

https://theblightedcrown.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Favius Daark Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:15 am

Yes.. Indeed..

See? Contribution Very Happy
Favius Daark
Favius Daark

Back to top Go down

Forum inactivity Empty Inactivity on the forum

Post  Bondo Joave Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 am

Well, I believe Dr.Valtor is correct, I myself belong to those who scan the forums every now and then, but only post when I have something I would like to say. Some of you guys know eachother from other characters/guilds/games, so I understand you have more to talk about than I have, but I love to listen...

Even though I'd love to put more time on my dear Mage, my life-situation simply don't allow me more time as of today (kids, wife, house, travelling job, sports etc) so I cherish every second I can spend in this game, and if it can be combined with the RP you have set up with the Blighted Crown, it's unbelievable fun for me.

Watching the forum is part of this fun, so don't think that it's a lack of interest, it's more lack of time from my side.

Thank you for putting so much efforts into this guild.

Humble Regards/ Bondo Joave- Magica Arctica
Bondo Joave
Bondo Joave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum